Combining business and pleasure, Anantara Eastern Mangroves Abu Dhabi Hotel edges Abu Dhabi’s skyscrapers on one side - on the other, an expanse of mangroves and tranquillity refreshes.
Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel is also located 60 minutes from the Expo 2020 site.
As an Executive Sous Chef you will be second in command and report directly to the Executive Chef. As such you must be intimately familiar with all the activities involved in kitchen operations and be prepared to step in and cover all eventualities if called upon. You will need to be able to prepare and cook a wide range of international dishes, including French, Italian, and fusion cooking. The Executive Sous Chef is also responsible for overseeing the kitchen team members, which will involve preparing, scheduling and delivering training, managing team member performance, ensuring that the kitchen safety standards are up to date and that team members are complying with health, safety and sanitation rules. Additionally you will help with menu planning, inventory control, and supply management.
• College degree in Hotel Management or related culinary degree
• At least 3 years of industry and culinary management experience
• Previous experience training team members in large quantity food preparation.
• Excellent knowledge of quality food operations.
• Passion for leadership and teamwork
• Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
• Excellent guest service skills