Meliá Desert Palm Member of Meliá Collection
Dubai , United Arab Emirates
Vacancies : 1
Date Posted: 09-Sep-2022
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF THE MELIÁ DESERT PALM FAMILY?
Meliá Desert Palm Member of Meliá Collection, is part of the global Spanish hotel company,
Meliá hotels International. Located only 20km outside Dubai’s city centre, this Arabian
retreat is the ultimate escape to relax in sophisticated elegance. A combination of rooms,
suites and cosy private pool villas, chic spaces for culinary refinement and spa
indulgences surrounded by vast green landscape and endless sunshine
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working toward the achievement of the Wedding & Private Events budget for the current year of Meliá Desert Palm Dubai.
- To implement all sales activities and maximize business opportunities across Weddings, Leisure, Corporate, and MICE segment with responsibility in meeting and exceeding revenue objectives for occupancy and ADR.
- Coordinates with the DOS to create a communication and action plan for professionals to review the development of the plan and take appropriate actions in order to achieve the sales goals.
- Attend sales meetings, record actions as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales and to contribute to the on-going strategic decisions
- Develop Sales and annual, quarterly and monthly sales & marketing goals.
- Coordinate with the DOS the presence at entertainment events, trade fairs, expositions, conventions events, and promotional tours according to the Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Maximize cross-selling opportunities and ensure synergies are built in the area of responsibility.
- Provide marketing and sales information, statistics and reports for the different potential customers (by segments, sources and source market).
- To generate and maintain customers of defined accounts through sales activities (face to face sales calls, telephone calls, entertainment and site inspections).
- To formulate offer letters, yearly contracts and any other business correspondence
- Drive Market Share and Sales Performance through proper pricing and segment mix management.
- Provide guidance on corporate transient negotiated pricing, group pricing for each group, and wholesale pricing
- To ensure that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximizes upselling opportunities whenever possible through a dedicated account development plan
- Check customer satisfaction and resolve any issues at the time of an service failure to ensure repeat business
- Conducts site inspections with prospective and existing clients as per the Sales and Marketing SOP’s
- Target proactively wedding sales by getting in touch with all local, regional, and international wedding organizers.
- Conduct familiarization visits to all wedding related clients (direct or EMCs).
- Attend local, regional, and international Weddings Fairs and Shows.
- Conduct BEO meetings with the operational team to ensure proper communication of the events among the whole team.
- Exceed personal sales goals, monthly, quarterly, annually, through account development and maintenance, regular sales calls, entertainment and tradeshows.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, tactics and action plans for assigned account base.