WHR Solution (Executive Search)
Tokyo , Japan
Salary: 708,333 (Approximately USD 5,040) - JPY
Vacancies : 1
Date Posted: 15-Nov-2022
WHR Solution (Executive Search) help employers to attract & connect the best global talents across all industries.
(Tokyo, Japan) Looking for Assistant Director of Human Resources for a 5 star luxury hotel
About the Role:
As Assistant Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible to manage day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department and responsible for the short and long term planning.
Ensuring standards and procedures are consistently applied, in addition to coordinating activities with other departments in order to facilitate the achievement the hotel's goals. The ideal candidate would enjoy leading and developing employees, resolving problems and have excellent communication skills. This position plays an active part in the overall hotel strategy and goals.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain HR policy and be personally available to all employees for work / personal problems, grievances, benefit requests, queries and suggestions.
• To provide an advice service to both managers and employees on HR policy, legal requirements, staffing issues, and act as an arbitrator where necessary.
• Maintain a working recruitment policy ensuring all legal and regulations are met, including authorization of payroll actions and new hires.
• Liaising with Managers to establish their recruitment requirements ensuring all recruitment is in line with budget and forecasted levels of business.
• Follow up with Managers during all stages of the recruitment process, keeping them informed of progress and ensuring that HR is aware of all actions.
• To provide a source of information to Department Heads regarding disciplinary, grievance and employee counseling issues. Ensure all disciplinary procedures are carried out, taking role of arbitrator, note taker or advisor where appropriate.
• Ensure exit interviews conducted with all leavers, passing information to appropriate manager and provide analysis of exit interviews on a quarterly basis, to ensure proactive steps are taken to reduce employee turnover.
• Participate in budget process, identifying risks and collective agreement obligations. Supervise the financial issues for the HR budget including benefits, labor & salary reports and plan cost effective events within the HR budget guidelines.
• Design and participate in salary surveys to provide an analysis and recommendation for salary and wage scales and ranges.
• Oversee salary, benefit and pension administration ensuring a competitive total compensation package for all employees.
• To ensure all employee files are kept up to date - and to ensure confidentiality of employee information is maintained at all time.