Meliá Desert Palm Member of Meliá Collection
Dubai , United Arab Emirates
Vacancies : 1
Date Posted: 10-Nov-2022
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF THE MELIÁ DESERT PALM FAMILY?
Meliá Desert Palm Member of Meliá Collection, is part of the global Spanish hotel company,
Meliá hotels International. Located only 20km outside Dubai’s city centre, this Arabian
retreat is the ultimate escape to relax in sophisticated elegance. A combination of rooms,
suites and cosy private pool villas, chic spaces for culinary refinement and spa
indulgences surrounded by vast green landscape and endless sunshine
• Greet guests pleasantly as they approach the bar; promote house drinks and utilize up-selling skills whenever possible to maximize revenues.
• Prepare beverages requested by guests. Adhere to established pouring standards and drink recipes to provide a consistent product to the guests and to control costs. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Monitor guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
• Set up bar including all liquor, mixers, ice, garnishes, glassware and supplies. Perform pre and post-shift side-work (empty/fill ice-bins, prepare garnishments, replenish/store snacks, etc.).
• Inspect bar daily for cleanliness and attractiveness and inspect all equipment and machinery for proper operation
• Train, maintain and enforce MELIA DESERT PALM Service Standards
• Gather and implement all proper tools for running shifts (i.e. schedules, floor plans, reservations, checks)
• Find solutions for problems such as call outs, last minute bookings, or any other daily problems that may arise.
• Identify and recommend incentive programs, new ideas, and methods of operation
• Ensure the security and proper storage of liquor, bar inventory and equipment
• Ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions (obtain, count and secure bartender’s bank; receive cash and credit payments from guests; give accurate change and balance cash drawer at end of shift)
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
• Take part in the briefings held at the beginning of each shift to receive information on colleague absences, VIPs, groups, events, general comments and to exchange opinions.
• Offer a consistently warm, professional welcome and farewell to guests and clients on their arrival at and departure from the catering area, maintaining impeccable posture and presentation at all times.
• Maintains bar stock in accordance with established standards.
• Attend departmental meetings and participate in training programmes for the role on an ongoing basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.