WHR Solution (Executive Search)
Doha , Qatar
Salary: 14,000 - 18,000 - QAR
Vacancies : 1
Date Posted: 02-Nov-2023
WHR Solution (Executive Search) help employers to attract & connect the best global talents across all industries.
About the Role:
As Director of Sales & Marketing, you will be responsible in the management of all sales activities and events. Ensuring the Sales Team sourcing, developing and account managing business and market sectors (including but not limited to Corporate, Entertainment, Leisure including High end Travel Agencies, MICE and Government and diplomatic.
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise preparations and definition of the Sales & Marketing Plan and manual for the department and participate in setting up the sales & marketing policies, procedures and objectives.
• Determine the corporate/travel trade marketing and sales strategy related to pricing and promoting to meet the objectives outlined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
• Handle budgets for miscellaneous sales activities and promotions.
• Follow the sales and marketing results (accounts’ room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and propose corrective actions if needed.
• Maintain and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with group business.
• Supervise the existence of an efficient follow-up on all leads to maintain a good relationship and generate group/individual leads for the hotel.
• Maintain permanent files for all corporate, group and travel trade account with strong room/night potential.
• Maintain and improve the efficiency of reservation centers, to ensure that information in reservation system’s database is updated. Coordinate such insertions to be realized correctly with the Reservations Manager.
• Through various tools (e.g. media, social events, gatherings with competition etc.), explore economical data, new developments in certain companies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit of the hotel and distribute this information to relevant staff.
• Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.). Also explore and compare corporate traffic amongst the competition.
• Propose ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
• Supervise (and handle when necessary) the group and individual reservation requests. Follow-up the progress of the booked business.
• Set up the corporate rates for local/international companies / travel trade accounts as well as other commercial accounts.
• Collaborate with all local and overseas customers, make personal calls to accounts and trace potential customers.
• Supervise the existence of an efficient customer database system, which will be capable of identifying to report sales calls and other sales activities and maintain a vigorous updating exercise in certain periods of time.
• Maintain a fair account distribution amongst the sales employees who will be responsible to manage (visit, handling complaints, update information and follow up) their own account group.
• Cascade all relevant key information to the Sales & Marketing team.
• Update customers with the latest development of the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
• Propose and coordinate the promotional activities undertaken by sales department and / or Food & Beverage.
• Supervise the coordination with the other department heads to ensure quality of guest / group satisfaction
• Project and prepare the participation procedure for domestic or international trade shows, fairs, exhibitions, workshops, road-shows, sales blitzes etc. and participate in such professional business related events.
• Supervise the quotations of group and travel agency rates as well as international corporate rates offered for multinational companies.
• Actively involved in the recruitment of all members of the Sales & Marketing Team.
• Identify, retain and develop the Sales & Marketing team.
• Carry out on-boarding for all Sales & Marketing colleagues.
• Proven track record in challenging market